Please click About Me for links to Recipes by Category, Facebook, Pinterest, Follow Me and more.
Is it silly for me to say how excited I am about these little pizza tarts? Seriously, I am.
First of all, they are one of my newest lunch box recipes and I am positive they have been a HUGE hit with the boys. And secondly, they were simple to make and smelled amazing coming out of the oven. It was super hard not to gobble them up right then!
It’s too bad blogs don’t offer scratch and sniff screens…..
1 sheet refrigerated pie crust, rolled out to desired thickness
shredded mozzarella cheese
pizza or marinara sauce
WARNING: While I did get the idea from a magazine, I do not have specific measurements so hopefully my directions won’t be too scattered for you. But really, this wasn’t hard at all. Just eyeball it, have fun, and use your imagination.
1. Preheat oven to 375*
2. Lightly grease a muffin tin and place circle cut-outs of pie crust that are about 1/4 inch in diameter larger than the bottom of the muffin tin. I used a glass with a wide mouth (about 3 – 3.5 inches) which made a good sized circle to fit in the bottom of a regular sized muffin tin.
3. Cut up veggies or meat of choice and place in the bottom of the pie crusts. I used turkey pepperoni, about 2 little slices for each tart.
4. Spoon on some pizza or marinara sauce. It won’t take much, about 1.5 – 2 T of sauce.
5. Sprinkle about 1 tsp of Parmesan cheese on top of the sauce.
6. Now for the mozzarella cheese. I’d guess about 1 T of shredded cheese. I didn’t have any on hand, only slices, so it came out to about 1/4 slice per tart, cut up.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
You can enjoy these right away or refrigerate and pack for lunches the next day. Enjoy!
Wednesday Extravaganza, Cast Party Wednesday, Wake Up Wednesdays, Lovely Ladies Linky, Full Plate Thursday, Thursday Treasures, Weekend Potluck, Foodie Friday, TGIF, Friday Flash, Saturday Spotlight, Strut Your Stuff, Feed Me Friday, Super Saturday, Super Sunday, Random Recipe Roundup, Marvelous Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, What’d You Do This Weekend?, Simple Supper Tuesday, Tuesday’s Table, In & Out of the Kitchen,