Here is a yummy twist to an older standard. I love regular stroganoff but we don’t eat a whole lot of beef here, nor do the boys like mushrooms. This recipe is a great sub for that lovely sour cream sauce you crave but with tender, delicious chicken and pasta instead. This is also a quick week night meal. 30 minutes tops and you’re ready for supper!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed and cut into 1-inch pieces
3 T EVOO, divided
1/4 cup shallots or green onion, sliced thin
1 T flour
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup reserved pasta water
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup cream cheese
1 tsp tarragon, dried (1 T fresh)
8 oz. pasta, cooked according to package directions
1. Heat 2 T EVOO in a large skillet and brown chicken pieces until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add last T of EVOO and cook shallots for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Deglaze pan with wine and allow to simmer for a few minutes. Reduce liquid by a third.
4. Whisk together flour and pasta water, add to pan. Simmer for several minutes.
5. Stir in creams and the tarragon. Combine well.
6. Add chicken back into the skillet and allow to simmer a minute longer.
7. Toss with (cooked and drained) pasta.
Weekend Potluck, Foodie Friday, TGIF, Flash Friday, Saturday Spotlight, Feed Me Friday, Strut Your Stuff, Super Saturday, Super Sunday, Random Recipe Roundup, Marvelous Mondays, Melt In Your Mouth, What’d You Do This Weekend?, Simple Supper Tuesday, Tuesday’s Table, In & Out of the Kitchen, Wednesday Extravaganza, Lovely Ladies, Cast Party Wednesday, Wake Up Wednesdays, Thursdays Treasures, Full Plate Thursdays,