I’ve been working nights so slow cooker suppers have been a life saver when it comes to making sure my boys get a good meal. Needless to say I’ve been scouring the net for new crock pot ideas. I came across this idea and fell in love with it. Anything I can throw into the slow cooker and know that the boys are going to like it, works for me. All they had to do was assemble their sandwiches when they were ready to eat.
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmigiana Sandwiches
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans (15 oz. ea.) tomato sauce
1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes with juice
12 oz. tomato paste
2 cups sweet, yellow onion, finely diced
1 T (or 2 cloves) garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp oregano
2 bay leaves
4 T fresh basil, chopped fine, or 1 tsp dried
salt & pepper, to taste
sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese
grated Parmesan cheese
6 hard rolls
1. Start slow cooker on low heat and spray with cooking spray. Place chicken inside.
2. Mix together tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, paste, garlic, onions, and herbs. Stir until well combined. Pour over chicken and turn to coat.
3. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low 6 hours.
4. Shred the chicken using two forks. Replace back into slow cooker and stir everything well.
5. Slice hard rolls and lightly toast, if desired. *They’re awesome with a little bit of butter. Use tongs or slotted spoon to portion out the chicken onto the rolls, tapping off excess sauce. Top with cheeses.
Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Marvelous Mondays, What’d You Do This Weekend?, Meal Plan Monday, Monday Funday, Motivate Me Monday, Inpiration Monday, Inspire Me Monday, Mix it up Monday, Making Monday, Titus 2 Tuesday, Tuesdays at Our Home, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Tasteful Tuesdays, Two Cup Tuesday, In & Out of the Kitchen, Time to Sparkle, Simple Supper Tuesday, Tuesday’s Table, Create it ir Bake it, Cast Party Wednesday, Wake Up Wednesdays, Lovely Ladies Linky, Wow Me Wednesday, Linky Party, Wednesday Whatsit, Show & Share Wednesday, Creative Wednesday, Link Party, Full Plate Thursday, Project Stash, Thriving Thursday, Tasty Thursday, Fantastic Thursday, Blog Strut, Get Him Fed, Weekend Potluck, Foodie Friday, Flash Friday, TGIF, The Party Bunch, Super Saturday, Saturday Spotlight, Strut Your Stuff, Show & Tell, Serenity You, Show Stopper Saturday, Your Great Ideas, Random Recipe Roundup, Sunday Show Off, A Bouquet of Talent, Think Pink Sunday, Bewitch Me, DIY Sunday, Nifty Thrifty,
FEATURED AT SHOW STOPPER SATURDAY: SLOW COOKER