This was so easy I could have done it in my sleep. You can even throw frozen chicken breasts into the slow cooker if you haven’t had time to thaw them out- just increase the cooking time. And the taste?? WHOA! These were so so so incredibly delicious that all my boys scarfed them up! Serve with your favorite tacos toppings; we used shredded lettuce, diced tomato, sliced black olives, shredded cheese, and diced avocado. Just serve it up in a 6-inch tortilla and enjoy!
Creamy Chicken Crock Pot Tacos
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup taco seasoning mix (1 pkg)
12 oz. jar of salsa
6 oz. container of mascarpone cheese*
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1. Spray crock pot with cooking spray and place chicken at the bottom.
2. Combine the taco seasoning with the salsa and pour over chicken. Stir to cover the chicken.
3. Put cover over crock pot and cook on high for 3 hours (if thawed) or on low for 5.
4. Shred chicken using two forks and return to crock pot. Add beans and let mixture heat through.
5. About 15-20 minutes before serving add in mascarpone cheese (*can use cream cheese) and beans. Combine well so cheese is melted and creamy, and beans get heated through.
Marvelous Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, What’d You Do This Weekend?, Simple Supper Tuesday, Tuesday’s Table, Tasty Tuesdays, In & Out of the Kitchen, Cast Party Wed., Wed Extravaganza, Wake Up Weds, Lovely Ladies, Thursday’s Treasures, Full Plate Thursday, Weekend Potluck, Foodie Friday, TGIF, Flash Friday, Saturday Spotlight, Strut Your Stuff, Feed Me Friday, Super Saturday, Super Sunday, Random Recipe Roundup