Sometimes you just need a little chocolate and a little crunch, and this treat will give you both. Chances are you’ve even got the ingredients in your pantry, and I bet if you don’t have any rice cereal something else would probably do just as well. This only takes a few minutes to stir together and maybe an hour for it to set in the refrigerator (I know, waiting is the hardest part…).
BTW, did you know that rice cereal now comes in a Gluten Free option?? Why, yes, it does, which is what I used here! So even you GF eaters out there can enjoy a little snack like this 🙂 Woot-woot!
4 T butter
4 T honey
1/3 cup water
2 cups chocolate chips
2 T peanut butter
6 cups rice crispy cereal
1. Melt butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat.
2. Add in the honey and water and simmer.
3. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted.
4. Add in the peanut butter and stir until everything is combined and creamy smooth.
5. Fold into the rice cereal and mix well.
6. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
7. Refrigerate until set; about half an hour or more, if needed.
Cast Party Wednesday, What’s in Your Kitchen, Two Girls and a Party, Full Plate Thursday, Thursday’s Treasures, Weekend Potluck, Foodie Friday, TGIF, Sharendipity, Saturday Spotlight, Super Sunday, Random Recipes, Melt in Your Mouth, Marvelous Mondays, Simple Supper Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Tuesday’s Table, In & Out of the Kitchen,