Please click About Me for links to Recipes by Category, Facebook, Pinterest, Follow Me and more.
I love Salisbury steak. It’s a delicious and comforting meal that is good any time. This one is even better because it’s made in the slow cooker. Even though you do have to prep the meat patties a little first, there is always something wonderful about food cooking away all day and smelling up the kitchen with tantalizing aromas. Plus no one can deny that anything cooked in a slow cooker just comes out tender and well….better.
2 pounds ground turkey (or beef)
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup Panko
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 T EVOO
2 cans cream of chicken or mushroom soup (get my healthy alternative here)
3/4 cup beef broth
1. In a large bowl combine the ground meat with the onion soup, panko, and milk. Shape into patties (this recipe will make 8).
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet and dredge the meat patties in the flour. Brown on both sides.
3. Place browned patties on bottom of sprayed slow cooker by stacking alternately like a pyramid.
4. Combine the cream soup and broth and pour over the patties.
5. Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, until meat is cooked through.
Foodie Friday, Get Him Fed, TGIF, Weekend Potluck, Saturday Spotlight, Strut Your Stuff, Feed Me Friday, Super Sunday, Super Saturday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Marvelous Mondays, What’d You Do This Weekend?, Simple Supper Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Tuesday’s Table, In & Out of the Kitchen, Cast Party Wed, Wed Extravaganza, Wake Up Wed, Lovely Ladies, Thursday’s Treasures, Full Plate Thursday