How fun is this? I thought the kids would especially like this twist on the taco but even Hubby tore into it and wanted seconds. The taco mixture is cheesy and satisfying and the wonton shells are just fun.
Wonton Taco Cups
1 lb. ground beef (or chicken or turkey)
1 pkg taco seasoning (1/4 cup)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn
20 wonton wrappers
1/2 cup queso cheese
1/4 cup taco sauce
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
Extras for serving:
1. Preheat oven to 375* and lightly spray muffin tins. Layer two wonton wrappers, spreading out the corners, and gently place into tins. Use a wooden spoon to push the corners down. Careful not to rip the wonton.
2. Ground beef (if using turkey or chicken add a splash of EVOO to the pan). Drain if necessary and add taco seasoning and water, according to package directions.
3. Add beans and corn; allow to heat through.
4. Divide the queso cheese evenly between the muffin cups by placing about 2 tsp into the bottom of each. Fill the cups up with the meat mixture. Place a tsp of taco sauce on to of the meat mixture and top with 2 T of shredded cheese.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool in pan for a few minutes before serving.
Makes approx. 10 taco cups. Use jumbo muffin tins.