We like to eat a lot of fish around here but sometimes it gets boring. Eating fish two times a week is highly recommended for anyone wanting a healthier diet and lifestyle, and since we primarily eat only salmon and tilapia as our main sources of fish, we like to try new ways to prepare them. This sauce has a little fattening-boost to an otherwise healthy dish, but man, does it make it good! If I’d had any fresh spinach this dish would have been excellent on a bed of wilted greens. However, as it turned out it was just as good served with roasted brussels sprouts (see this post for a great recipe) and parmesan cous cous.
Pan-Seared Salmon in Browned Butter with Basil Cream Sauce
3 or 4 salmon fillets, or a 1.5 lb cut
3 T butter
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup cream cheese, room temp.
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp lemon zest
salt & pepper
1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped, divided
1. In large skillet heat the butter until it is lightly sizzling. Season salmon with salt & pepper and cook both sides until lightly browned. Set aside.
2. In small bowl combine sour cream, cream cheese, lemon zest, and 1/2 cup of the basil.
3. Deglaze pan with the wine. Simmer a few moments to reduce the liquid by half. Add in garlic and let cook 1 minute.
4. Stir in cream cheese mixture and heat through.
5. Serve salmon with a spoonful of cream sauce and a sprinkle of fresh basil.
Marvelous Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, What’d You Do This Weekend?, Simple Supper Tuesday,Tuesday’s Table, In & Out of the Kitchen, Wednesday Extravaganza, Lovely Ladies, Cast Party Wednesday, Wake Up Wednesdays, Thursday Treasures, Full Plate Thursday, Foodie Friday, Get Him Fed, Weekend Potluck, Friday Flash, Feed Me Fridays, TGIF, Saturday Spotlight, Strut Your Stuff, Super Saturday, Super Sunday, Random Recipe Roundup
FEATURED ON THURSDAY’S TREASURES #106!!