This is a light and very tasty soup that you could make just about any time of the year, but is perfect for a chilly Fall night. Serve it up with some Rosemary Grilled Cheese sandwiches, or a salad, or just some yummy, crusty bread of your choice.
Lemon, Wild Rice & Meatball Soup
1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup panko or other fine bread crumbs
1 tsp salt, plus additional to taste
4 tsp lemon zest, divided
1 tsp rosemary, divided
2 T EVOO
1 medium onion, chopped fine
3 carrots, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
64 oz. chicken broth
4 T lemon juice
3 cups wild rice blend, cooked
1. To make the meatballs combine the ground meat with the egg, panko,1 tsp salt, 2 tsp lemon zest, and 1/2 tsp rosemary. Roll into 1-inch balls and bake on lined cookie sheet at 350* for 20-30 minutes.
2. Heat EVOO over medium-high heat and saute onion, carrots, and garlic for 10 minutes, until soft. Add in remaining zest and rosemary and cook a minute longer.
3. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, salt to taste, and meatballs to the veggies. Simmer for at least 15 minutes. Longer is fine.
4. Add in the wild rice. You can continue to simmer until ready to eat, or serve immediately.
5. Top with some Parmesan cheese and additional rosemary, if desired.
*A great addition: Oven Roasted Okra. Seriously. It. Was. Awesome. Try it 🙂
Weekend Potluck, Friday Flash, Foodie Friday, TGIF, Feed Me Friday, Pity Party, Friday Linky Party, Super Saturday, Saturday Spotlight, Strut Your Stuff, Saturday Show & Tell, Creative Linky Party, Serenity Saturday, Show Stopper Sat, Your Great Ideas, Sunday Show Off, Random Recipe Roundup, A Bouquet of Talent, Think Pink Sunday, Bewitch Me, DIY Sunday, Nifty Thrifty, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Marvelous Mondays, What’d You Do This Weekend?, Meal Plan Monday, Monday Funday, Motivate Me Monday, Inspiration Monday, Inspire Me Monday, Mix it up Monday, Making it Monday, Titus 2 Tuesday, Tuesdays at Our Home, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Tastefully Tuesdays, Two Cup Tuesdays, In & Out of the Kitchen, Time to Sparkle, Simple Supper Tuesdays, Tuesday’s Table, Wednesday Extravaganza, Cast Party Wednesday, Wake Up Wednesdays, Lovely Ladies Linky, Wow Me Wednesday, Look What I Made Wednesday, Creative Wednesday, Wednesday Whatsits, Show & Share Wednesday, Thursday’s Treasures, Full Plate Thurs, The Project Stash, Fantastic Thurs, Thriving Thurs, Tasty Thursday, Foodie Friday
FEATURED AT MEAL PLAN MONDAY!