This was amazing. I mean it. Like something you’d get at a restaurant. And believe me I am not tooting my own horn here because this is not my recipe; I only adapted it a bit. And truthfully, once you try this you will be able to see how much more adapting you could do, such as mascarpone or parmesan or something along those lines for something a little bit more alfredo. But this was good. Really, really, really good just the way I made it.
Creamy Dijon Chicken & Mushrooms over Linguine
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt & pepper
2 T EVOO
1/2 cup white wine
2 cups heavy cream
3 T Dijon mustard
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp tarragon
1-2 cups sliced mushrooms (your choice)
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1 pkg linguine noodles, cooked according to package directions
1. In a skillet over medium-low, heat EVOO. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken. Cook with garlic until done. Remove and set aside.
2. Deglaze the skillet with the wine. Allow to simmer for a few minutes, until liquid is reduced by half.
3. Pour in heavy cream, dijon mustard, tarragon, and additional salt & pepper, if desired. Combine well and simmer about 4 minutes, until thickened slightly.
4. Replace chicken in the cream sauce and add the mushrooms. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Cook and drain pasta. Serve chicken and mushrooms with sauce over noodles. Sprinkle toasted almond slivers over the top of each serving.
*Remove lid from skillet and let stand a few minutes if you want the sauce to be a little thicker.
Cast Party Wednesday, Wednesday Extravaganza, Wake Up Wednesdays, Two Girls & a Party, Full Plate Thursday, Thursday’s Treasures, Foodie Friday, Get Him Fed, TGIF, Weekend Potluck, Saturday Spotlight, Strut Your Stuff, Feed Me Friday, Super Sunday, Super Saturday, Marvelous Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, What’d You Do This Weekend?,
FEATURED AT SUPER SUNDAY LINKY PARTY #15!