I love these spinach squares. This is such a great way to serve spinach and it makes a great side dish to just about anything. Also, if you are trying not to do a lot of the “bread thing” like me, this has just a hint of Bisquick in it so you get that feeling you’ve eaten a bit of bread.
1 (10 oz) pkg chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic, minced
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp thyme
1/3 cup Bisquick
1/3 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350* and grease an 8×8 pan.
2. Whisk together the sour cream, milk, eggs, salt, pepper, garlic, thyme and Bisquick.
3. Stir in spinach and cheeses.
4. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20 -30 minutes, or until edges are browned and a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
5. Let cool before cutting. Makes 9 squares.
A very special thank you to Shikoomkoom @ welcomebackbelly for nominating me for the Liebster Award, which is intended to recognize up-and-coming blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
If you haven’t seen her blog yet please click the link and check it out.
Rules to follow when you are nominated…
- Upload a picture of the Liebster Award badge onto your blog post.
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions posted by the person who nominated you.
Eleven facts about myself:
- I have CD’s I like to listen to occasionally in the privacy of my car by artists I will not admit to 🙂
- I rarely bother shaving my legs in the winter.
- I love Yorkshire Pudding.
- I still have my childhood stuffed Winnie-the-pooh and will probably be buried with it.
- Scratch that- I want to be cremated, so I guess that means Pooh will be coming into the incinerator with me.
- I’m an avid hair twirler. Have been my whole life. You can even see me twirling my hair as I’m driving in my car.
- I memorized the majority of Steel Magnolias over 20 years ago, and even to this day that movie makes me bawl.
- I take my coffee black, 2 cups every morning.
- I love Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes. It’s a really good thing those are only seasonal.
- My keyboard is a mess because I’m always eating at the computer. (I know…eww)
- At different times in my life I have gone by these nicknames: Casey, Chatang, Chanise, Lips, Cappie, Peaches, Cranberry, and Capricious. (And one rather dirty nickname via Nicole I won’t share here – you’re welcome. Also I don’t acknowledge car related nicknames.)
11 Questions for me from Shikoomkoom:
- If you won ridiculous amounts on the lottery, what would you do with it? I would buy our retirement home (mine and Hubby’s) and set up funds for my kids.
- What are your guilty pleasures? Wine and chocolate, and The Sims 🙂
- What are your 3 favourite traits in a person? Honestly, loyalty, humor
- What kind of things make you happy? Wine and chocolate. Oh, and hearing my kids play and laugh together. And good food.
- If you had to pick one cause to champion for the rest of your life, what would it be? I would start a non-profit organization that goes into schools and educates teachers and parents about ADHD.
- Food heaven and food hell? Food Heaven: Filet Mignon & Tiramisu. Food Hell: Snails.
- If you had children, what would you call them? If you do have children, what are their names and why did you choose them? Number One’s name is Brandon, which is Hubby’s middle name. Number Two is Jadon, who was a man in the book of Jeremiah. He helped rebuild the walls of Jericho. It means “God hears”.
- If you were granted one wish, the effects of which would last for the rest of your life, what would you choose? To reverse my back injury.
- Your favourite book? Sell it to me! Pride & Prejudice. Seriously. And I don’t have to sell it because everyone loves it, only I’ve loved this book since 1995 before it was fad.
- The best dessert you have ever had? Hmm…tough one. I can think of a few. The best tiramisu (vs. the worst), a chocolate torte with raspberry puree, or my Pot au Chocolate de Creme (<– shameless plug, but that one made me very happy). What do you know? All chocolate 🙂
- Where in the world would you most like to visit? Greece and London