This chowder is a great addition to your Fall/Winter recipes. It’s warm and comforting, and offers a little kick for those who like to take their meals up a notch.
Chipotle Chicken and Corn Chowder
1 can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, divided
2 T unsalted butter
1 poblano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 T flour
3 cups whole milk
2 cups chicken broth
6 small red potatoes, peeled and diced
4 oz. Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
4 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups cooked chicken, diced
2 cups frozen corn (or fresh)
1 cup crushed tortilla chips
2 T lime juice
fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
1. Remove one chile from the can and mince it. Remove 1 tsp adobo sauce and set aside. Save and freeze remainder of chiles and sauce in can for another use.
2. Melt the butter in a large soup pot and add poblano, red bell, and chile pepper, along with the thyme, oregano, and cumin. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until peppers are softened. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute or until it becomes fragrant.
3. Stir in flour and cook 1 more minute. Slowly stir in the milk and the broth, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan.
4. Add the potatoes, and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
5. Add the cheeses slowly, stirring to combine well, until melted.
6. Stir in chicken, corn, tortilla chips, adobo sauce, and lime juice. Cover and cook another 10 minutes on low.
7. Serve immediately. If you refrigerate leftovers the chowder may need to be thinned out with a bit of milk.
Wednesday Extravaganza, Cast Party Wednesday, Wake Up Wednesday, Lovely Ladies Linky, Wow Me Wednesday, Look What I Made Wednesday, Creative Wednesday, Wednesday Whatsits, Show & Share Wednesday, Thursday’s Treasures, Full Plate Thursday, The Project Stash, Fantastic Thursday, Thriving Thursday, Tasty Thursday, Get Him Fed Friday, Weekend Potluck, Fun Friday, Foodie Friday, Flash Friday, TGIF, The Party Bunch, Friday Linky Party, Super Saturday, Spotlight Saturday, Strut Your Stuff, Show & Tell Saturday, Serenity You, Show Stopper Saturday, Your Great Ideas, Random Recipe Roundup, Sunday Showoff, A Bouquet of Talent, Think Pink Sunday, Bewitch Me, DIY Sunday, Nifty Thrifty, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Marvelous Mondays, What’d You Do This Weekend?, Meal Plan Monday, Monday Funday, Motivate Me Monday, Inspiration Monday, Inspire Me Monday, Mix it up Monday, Making Monday, Titus 2 Tuesday, Tuesday’s at Our Home, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Tastefull Tuesdays, Two Cup Tuesday, In & Out of the Kitchen, Time to Sparkle, Simple Supper Tuesday, Tuesday’s Table, Tasty Tuesdays
FEATURED AT THE TASTY FORK!