This fish dish (aha, that rhymed) was such a hit right off the bat that none of us can wait until I make it again. Even Number Two had two servings! Similar to a Veracruz-Style fish but without any jalapenos or raisins, but you could easily add what flavorings you think you’d like. I wasn’t too keen on the raisins, but if I’d had any pepper I probably would have added them. Either way, this came out awesome.
Spanish Style Red Snapper
4 lbs red snapper fillets
1/4 cup EVOO
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
2 or 3 garlic cloves, minced
1 (15 oz) can of diced tomatoes
1/3 cup chicken broth, divided
1/4 cup sliced green olives, pitted
2 T drained capers
1 tsp oregano
2 bay leaves
1. Preheat oven to 425*. Grease baking dish and pour 1/3 cup of chicken broth into the bottom. Arrange fish in pan (skin side down) and set aside.
2. Drain tomatoes but reserve the juice. Using a masher or fork, crush tomatoes to a coarse puree (is ok if it’s still a little chunky). Drain again and reserve all the juices together.
3. Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and stir for a minute. Add garlic and stir another 30 seconds. Add tomato puree, bay leaves, oregano, and reserved juice. Combine and cook for a few minutes.
4. Add broth, capers and olives. Salt & pepper to taste. Cook a few more minutes until thickened or mixture is heated through.
5. Spoon over fish and bake for about 18 minutes, or until fish is just opaque in the center.
Marvelous Monday, What’d You Do This Weekend?, Meal Plan Monday, Monday Funday, Motivate Me Monday, Inspiration Monday, Inspire Me Monday, Mix it up Monday, Making Monday, Titus 2 Tuesday, Tuesdays at Our Home, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Tasteful Tuesdays, Two Cup Tuesday, In & Out of the Kitchen, Time to Sparkle, Simple Supper Tuesday, Tuesday’s Table, Wake Up Wednesday, Lovely Ladies Linky, Wow Me Wednesday, Wednesday Whatsits, Show & Share Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday, The Project Stash, Fantastic Thursday, Thriving Thursday, Tasty Thursday, Blog Strut, Friday Flash, Weekend Potluck, Foodie Friday, Feed Me Friday, TGIF, The Party Bunch, Weekly Creative, Get Him Fed, Super Saturday, Saturday Spotlight, Strut Your Stuff, Sat Show & Tell, Serenity You, Show Stopper Saturday, Your Great Idea, Recipe Roundup, Sunday Showoff, A Bouquet of Talent, Think Pink Sunday, Bewitch Me, DIY Sunday, Nifty Thrifty Sunday,