Here’s my newest addition to the Lunch Box Collection. I love making cute, fun little meals for the boys. I know they aren’t getting bored with their lunches yet. These were super easy to throw together. Once they were done I only had to store them in the refrigerator. When packing up a lunch box I just add a side of taco sauce or salsa and some tortilla chips. Muy bueno!
Chicken Enchilada Puffs
1 pkg jumbo crescent rolls
3/4 cup cooked chicken, shredded or diced
3 oz. cream cheese
3/4 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese, divided
1/3 cup enchilada sauce
2 tsp taco seasoning or enchilada seasoning mix
1. Preheat oven to 375*. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Place cream cheese and 1/2 cup of Mexican shredded cheese in a small bowl and microwave about 20-30 seconds, just until warmed- not melted. Stir together well, and add in taco seasoning, enchilada sauce, and chicken.
3. Unroll crescent rolls and spread out a little with fingers if needed. Place a spoonful onto the center of the larger end of the crescent roll.
4. Pull the two ends over the chicken mixture and then roll it toward the skinnier end, enclosing the filling.
5. Sprinkle the puffs with the remaining shredded cheese and bake for 15 minutes, or until browned.
For more quick and awesome lunch box ideas, check out some of my other posts: BBQ Chicken Pizza Pinwheels, Pizza Sushi, Mini Meaty Cheesy Quiches, Pizza Tarts, Chicken Taco Hand Pies, Chicken Dumplings, Corndog Muffins, and Pizza Buns