I have this thing for sliders. I don’t really know why a mini-burger is so much tastier than a regular-sized one, but they are definitely more fun. I’ve done a few other sliders (check out my Bourbon BBQ Sliders with Garlic Aioli and these great little General Tso’s Chicken Sliders with Cole Slaw), and these are definitely joining the other recipes on my remake list.
The corn muffins are great on their own, which is what the original recipe is for, but then I thought making it into a slider would be cool. And it was 🙂 Just mix together a little mayo and seasonings for a yummy aioli and you’ve got yourself something pretty awesome.
Bacon & Gorgonzola Cornbread Sliders
11 oz. cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup pastry flour*
1 1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup mayo
1 large egg
3 T chopped chives
8 turkey bacon slices, cooked crisp and crumbled
1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese crumbles
1 lb. ground meat (I used turkey)
1 pkg. onion soup mix
sliced cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400*. Grease muffin tins or line with foil cupcake liners.
2. Make the muffins, or “buns”, by combining the cornmeal, sugar, flour (*if you don’t have pastry flour you can remove 1/2 tsp from the regular flour and replace it with 1/2 tsp cornstarch- sift well), milk, mayo (sour cream works, too), and egg in a large bowl until well blended. Stir in the chives, bacon, and cheese.
3. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake until golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Make the sliders by combining the meat with the onion soup mix. Form into patties, about 2 oz. each, and grill or cook in pan (I use my counter-top Foreman grill).
5. When muffins are done and slightly cooled, cut lengthwise through the middle to create a bun with a top and a bottom half.
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 tsp chipotle seasoning
1/2 tsp Adobo seasoning
6. Combine these ingredients well and refrigerate until ready to use.
7. When assembling the sliders place a small square of cheddar cheese on the bottom portion of the muffin or on the meat patty, add a dollop of the aioli, place over it all the top portion of the muffin, and enjoy!
Cast Party Wednesday, Wednesday Extravaganza, Lovely Ladies Linky, Wake Up Wednesdays, Thursday’s Treasures, Wine’d Down Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday, Weekend Potluck, Get Him Fed, Feed Me Friday, Foodie Friday, Friday Flash, Simple Supper Tuesdays, Tuesday’s Table, In & Out of the Kitchen, Tasty Tuesdays, Saturday Spotlight, Strut Your Stuff, Your Great Idea, Show & Tell, Creative Linky, Show Stopper, Serenity You, Super Sunday, Random Recipe Roundup, Show Off Sunday, A Boutique of Talent, Think Pink, Bewitch Me, DIY Sunday, Nifty Thrifty,
FEATURED AT FEED ME FRIDAY #6!