This is an easy and delicious version of lasagna that can be made in the slow cooker. It only takes about 3 1/2 hours to fully cook so plan your time accordingly so it doesn’t burn. Also, I should warn you that this is not a low-fat/low-carb kind of meal, but it is warm and filling and so very lovely for a weeknight dinner. All you have to do is prep the meat and then let the crockpot do the rest of the work. Serve with a salad and some yummy garlic bread.
1 lb. ground meat
1/4 cup onion, chopped fine
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
salt & pepper to taste
28 oz. pasta sauce
10 oz. tomato sauce
16 oz. alfredo sauce
1 pkg oven ready lasagna noodles
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded parmesan blend
1. Brown meat with the onion, herbs, garlic powder, and salt & pepper. Drain off any grease and put in 2/3 of the pasta sauce and about 8 oz. of the tomato sauce. Combine well and heat through.
2. Spray the inside of your crockpot and put the remaining 1/3 of the pasta sauce into the bottom. Layer over the sauce 1/3 of the noodles, breaking the pieces to fit as best as you can over the entire bottom of the crock pot. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
3. Pour 1/3 of the alfredo sauce on top of the noodles, then 1/3 of the Mozzarella cheese. Spread 1/3 of the meat mixture over this.
4. Layer this way two more times: noodles, alfredo, mozzarella, and meat mixture. Any leftover tomato sauce should be added to these layers as well to fill in any gaps.
5. Top it all with the parmesan cheese blend then cover and cook on low for 3 1/2 hours.
Wednesday Extravaganza, Cast Party Wednesday, Wake Up Wednesdays, Lovely Ladies Linky, Wow Me Wednesday, Linky Party #170, Wednesday Whatsit, Show & Share Wednesday, Creative Wednesday, Thursdays Treausres, Full Plate Thursday, The Project Stash, Fantastic Thursday, Thriving Thursday, Tasty Thursday, Get Him Fed, Weekend Potluck, Foodie Friday, Flash Frday, TGIF, The Party Bunch, Friday Linky Party,