The other week I was really craving something chewy and chocolatey. And the idea of coconut made it even better. Instead of getting in the kitchen and creating something (it would have been fabulous, I’m sure) I decided to adapt these blondies I’d had a recipe for.
Although no one can call these healthy by most standards (they are homemade which means no preservatives or chemicals added), a small square will never hurt, and it makes a great dessert in a lunchbox or on dessert night.
Chocolate Chip – Coconut Blondies
1 cup flour (I used my 1/2 & 1/2 flour)
1/8 tsp salt
4 oz. unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temp.
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup coconut flakes
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips, divided
1/4 tsp butter
1. Grease and flour an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. Combine flour and salt. Set aside.
3. Beat melted butter and brown butter together. Add egg and vanilla until well blended and smooth.
4. Slowly beat in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in coconut and 1 cup chocolate.
5. Spread evenly in pan and bake for5 20 to 25 minutes. (Don’t over bake) Let cool.
6. Melt remaining 1/4 cup chocolate with butter and drizzle over the top of the blondies.
Weekend Potluck, Get Him Fed, Foodie Friday, Fed Me Friday, TGIF, Super Saturday, Saturday Spotlight, Strut Your Stuff, Friday Flash, Super Sunday, Random Recipe Roundup, Marvelous Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, What’d You Do This Wknd?, Simple Supper Tuesday, Tuesday’s Table, Tasty Tuesdays, In & Out of the Kitchen, Cast Party Wednesday, Wed Extravaganza, Lovely Ladies, Wake Up Wednesdays, Thursday’s Treasures, Full Plate Thursday
FEATURED AT WEEKEND POTLUCK #85!!