This is really a very easy and delicious way to serve up dinner. We try to eat fish often, ideally two times a week, and the same old recipes can get boring real fast. I served this with some roasted okra and Trader Joe’s Harvest Grains Blend.
The flavors in this are subtle so don’t be afraid of the horseradish or the mustard. In fact, I might even recommending amping up the measurements just a tad for a bolder flavor. However, made according to the recipe it was just right for Number Two’s more sensitive palate, and all the boys ate it up quick.
Baked Tilapia with Mustard Lemon and Horseradish Sauce
4 tilapia fillets
2 T fresh chopped parsley, divided
1 T fresh lemon juice
2 tsp prepared horseradish
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 chicken broth
2 T butter, divided into 4 slices
zest from 1/2 lemon
1 tsp thyme
1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400*. Lightly spray baking dish and salt and pepper fish on both sides. Place fish in single layer in dish.
2. In a small bowl put 1 T parsley, mustard, horseradish, chicken broth, thyme, and lemon juice. Whisk until combined then spoon over the fish, pouring it all in the baking dish.
3. Top each fillet with the 1/2 T slice of butter and bake for 20 minutes or so, basting once or twice, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
4. Sprinkle remaining parsley and lemon zest over the top and serve with lemon wedges.
5. Enjoy this delicious and healthy meal!
In & Out of the Kitchen, Tuesday’s Table, Tasty Tuesdays, Simple Supper Tuesday, Wednesday Extravaganza, Cast Party Wed., What’s in Your Kitchen, Two Girls & a Party, Thursday’s Treasures, Full Plate Thursday, Weekend Potluck, Get Him Fed Fridays, Foodie Friday, Fidlin’ Fridays, Strut Your Stuff, Random Recipe Roundup, Saturday Spotlight, Super Sunday, Marvelous Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday