This is a great basic muffin recipe that you can use as a base to add your own favorite ingredients to. This time I made blueberry muffins with chocolate chips, but truly you can make just about any kind of muffin you desire. This recipe makes 6 large muffins, or 10 regular-sized ones.
Basic Muffin Recipe with Chocolate Chips & Blueberries
2 cups minus 2 T sifted all-purpouse flour*
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
5 T sugar (plus more for tops of muffins)
1 cup milk
4 T butter, melted
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 400*.
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour (*I used my 1/2 unbleached and 1/2 whole wheat flour mixture) baking powder, salt, and sugar.
3. In another bowl beat together the milk, egg, and butter. (It’s best if the milk isn’t too cold or it will solidify the butter.)
4. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture, and mix just until moistened. Do not over mix- the batter will be lumpy.
5. Fold in the blueberries and chocolate chips just until combined.
6. Fill greased muffin tins (or use paper/foil liners for smaller muffins). Sprinkle additional sugar on top of each muffin.
7. Bake for 25 minutes (a few minutes less for smaller muffins) or until the muffins are golden brown.
Wednesday Extravaganza, Cast Party Wednesday, What’s in Your Kitchen, Two Girls & a Party, Full Plate Thursday, Thursday’s Treasures, Get Him Fed, Weekend Potluck, Foodie Friday, TGIF, In & Out of the Kitchen, Tuesday’s Table, Tasty Tuesdays, Simple Supper Tuesdays, Strut Your Stuff, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Marvelous Mondays, Super Sunday, Random Recipe Roundup,