This was so easy. The boys love stuff like this (as do I) and I especially like the way it tastes just as good as what you can get from the bakery with a fraction of the cost. If you have these ingredients handy then you could whip up some at any time to feed that sweet tooth.
A few quick substitutes just in case you don’t keep cheesecake-flavored pudding around. The pudding can be replaced with vanilla-flavored, and the mascarpone can easily be subbed with regular cream cheese, though I would keep a few Tbsp of powdered sugar near by to taste and add as needed.
2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
6 oz. container of mascarpone cheese
1 pkg. cheesecake-flavored pudding
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup whole milk (+ a few more T for consistency)
3/4 cup chocolate chips, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375*.
2. Using a water-glass or cookie cutters, cut 9 large circles from each pastry sheet.
3. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes. (I baked one sheet at a time; 9 puffs each sheet)
4. Mix together pudding mix and mascarpone cheese using a mixmaster with the whisk attachment.
5. Add in heavy cream and milk. Whisk until combined and smooth (you may need to add up to 2 T of extra milk here).
6. Let puffs cool and then slice each one carefully into two pieces wherever you find a natural split in the middle.
7. Place pudding mixture into a plastic baggie and cut a corner to pipe cream onto bottom halves of each pastry puff. Place tops on.
8. Melt chocolate slowly in microwave, stopping to stir every 30 seconds (should only take about a minute. The last bit will melt while stirring).
9. Put chocolate in plastic bag and cut a corner to drizzle over the tops of the puffs.
10. Allow about 20-30 minutes in the fridge so chocolate can set or enjoy right away 🙂
Marvelous Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Random Recipe Round-Up, In & Out of the Kitchen, Tuesday’s Table, Simple Supper Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Wednesday Extravaganza, Cast Party Wednesday, Thursday’s Treasures, Full Plate Thursday, Two Girls and a Party, What’s in Your Kitchen, Weekend Potluck, Foodie Friday, TGIF, Saturday Spotlight, Sharendipity, Super Sunday,
FEATURED AT A PEEK INTO MY PARADISE T.G.I.F. #13!