This was so easy. The boys love stuff like this (as do I) and I especially like the way it tastes just as good as what you can get from the bakery with a fraction of the cost. If you have these ingredients handy then you could whip up some at any time to feed that sweet tooth.
A few quick substitutes just in case you don’t keep cheesecake-flavored pudding around. The pudding can be replaced with vanilla-flavored, and the mascarpone can easily be subbed with regular cream cheese, though I would keep a few Tbsp of powdered sugar near by to taste and add as needed.
2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
6 oz. container of mascarpone cheese
1 pkg. cheesecake-flavored pudding
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup whole milk (+ a few more T for consistency)
3/4 cup chocolate chips, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375*.
2. Using a water-glass or cookie cutters, cut 9 large circles from each pastry sheet.
3. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes. (I baked one sheet at a time; 9 puffs each sheet)
4. Mix together pudding mix and mascarpone cheese using a mixmaster with the whisk attachment.
5. Add in heavy cream and milk. Whisk until combined and smooth (you may need to add up to 2 T of extra milk here).
6. Let puffs cool and then slice each one carefully into two pieces wherever you find a natural split in the middle.
7. Place pudding mixture into a plastic baggie and cut a corner to pipe cream onto bottom halves of each pastry puff. Place tops on.
8. Melt chocolate slowly in microwave, stopping to stir every 30 seconds (should only take about a minute. The last bit will melt while stirring).
9. Put chocolate in plastic bag and cut a corner to drizzle over the tops of the puffs.
10. Allow about 20-30 minutes in the fridge so chocolate can set or enjoy right away 🙂
Marvelous Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Random Recipe Round-Up, In & Out of the Kitchen, Tuesday’s Table, Simple Supper Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Wednesday Extravaganza, Cast Party Wednesday, Thursday’s Treasures, Full Plate Thursday, Two Girls and a Party, What’s in Your Kitchen, Weekend Potluck, Foodie Friday, TGIF, Saturday Spotlight, Sharendipity, Super Sunday,
FEATURED AT A PEEK INTO MY PARADISE T.G.I.F. #13!
I love cream puffs!!! These look and sound heavenly!
We would love it if you’d come over and link up at Random Recipe Link Up
Have a wonderful day 🙂
They look absolutely superb!
Thanks! They were a little too good, in fact 🙂 I ate way too many!
Yes they have what I would call HAP (High Addiction Potential)
I want some of these right now! Did ya hear that yelling?!?! 🙂 I have already pinned it to one of my group board and even though I have never worked with puff pastry, I’m going to give it my best shot!
This is stuff is so easy even I can use it! Just thaw and unroll (unfold, actually) No rolling necessary for this recipe. You can’t go wrong and they are so very good!
I wanted to let you know I have picked this recipes as my pick over at Random Recipe Link Up 🙂 Come check it out on Sunday!
Thanks so much!
Oh, I bet these taste awesome! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.
I love cream puffs and these look so lovely! I’ve tried eclairs before and can’t wait to give these little guys a try 🙂
Thanks. Hope you love them!
Thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Have a great weekend and hope to see you soon!
Pingback: Random Recipe Roundup Linkie Party #7 « My Mixing Spoon
Wow!!! These look amazing!! Pinned it! Thanks for sharing this with us at One Sharendipity Place this weekend!!
Krys @thet2women.com and http://www.worshipingwhilewaiting.blogspot.com
What a wonderful dessert~ Looks amazing~Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines
Thanks! They were really good 🙂
Pingback: Impossible Cheeseburger Pie - Guest Recipe #FoodieFriday - Homemaid Simple