This is great for any time of the day, and for a one-dish type of meal you can’t go wrong because you can put anything your heart desires in it. I only made six small potatoes, but it’s easy to see how to make the amount and size you want without measurements. It’s pretty much just whatever you have on hand or what you prefer. Think outside the box: chili, leftover taco meat, chicken, all kinds of vegetables, cheeses and herbs and spices (think dill!). There are no rules.
Egg-Stuffed Baked Potatoes
6 small baking potatoes, baked and slightly cooled
4 strips turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
1 T butter, melted
salt & pepper
1. Slice tops off the potatoes and scoop out potato pulp, leaving a layer of potato around sides and on bottom.
2. Brush butter inside potatoes and salt and pepper.
3. Evenly sprinkle 3 of the turkey bacon strips between the six potatoes and top with 1 T cheese.
4. Have potatoes on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper, and crack an egg over each potato. It’s okay if it spills over a bit. Sprinkle a bit more salt & pepper.
5. Bake at 375* for about 20 minutes or until whites are cooked and yolk is just set. It’s up to your preference how soft you like your yolk. Sprinkle with a little more cheese and the remaining bacon crumbles and give it just a few more minutes in the oven.
Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Marvelous Mondays, Tuesday’s Table, In & Out of the Kitchen, Simple Supper Tuesday, Two Girls and a Party, What’s in Your Kitchen, Cast Party Wednesday, Wednesday Extravaganza, Full Plate Thursday, Thursday’s Treasures, Weekend Potluck, Foodie Friday, TGIF, Fidlin’ Friday’s, Sharendipity, Saturday Spotlight, Super Sunday Party,