Hey fabulous readers! Just a quick little update for you all: I’ve been having a lot of back problems lately (and neck, and sciatica) and have been moving pretty slowly. It looks like another surgery is on the horizon and because of all this I will probably slow down my posts. I don’t know if it will be reduced to two or three a week, just not 5. So don’t forget to come back and check out what I’ve been cooking and have a blessed day 🙂
And now for the main attraction….
I don’t know what it is about sliders that are so good but so far I’ve not been disappointed. Sure you can make a larger sandwich but there’s just something about a slider that makes a meal more fun and tailored to your hunger. And speaking of sliders, if you haven’t tried my Bourbon BBQ Sliders with Garlic Aioli then you really are missing out!
General Tso’s Chicken Sliders
3 or 4 chicken breasts
1 (12 oz) jar of General Tso’s sauce
1 small pkg cole slaw mix
1/3 cup ranch dressing
1 pkg (12 count) Hawaiian sweet rolls
1. Cook chicken on low with General Tso’s sauce in a large skillet. Keep chicken submerged in sauce; turn chicken so it doesn’t burn.
2. Shred chicken and return to sauce in skillet. If the chicken is finished cooking, remove from heat and keep covered.
3. Prepare slaw using pre-bagged slaw mix and ranch dressing. To make your own slaw simply shred 1/4 of a cabbage head and grate or shred 2 large carrots.
4. Lightly toast the Hawaiian rolls.
5. To assemble sliders place chicken on bottom half of roll and top with slaw. Place top half of roll on sandwich and enjoy!
Marvelous Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Simple Supper Tuesday, Tuesday’s Table, In & Out of The Kitchen, Wednesday Extravaganza, Cast Party Wednesday, What’s in Your Kitchen, Two Girls and a Party, Wednesday Extravaganza, Full Plate Thursday, Weekend Potluck, TGIF, Foodie Friday, Fidlin’ Fridays, Saturday Spotlight, Sweet and Savory Sunday, Super Sunday, Random Round-Up