What an easy casserole to pre-make for a weekend breakfast or brunch. Just remember this must sit over night so pre-plan and allow time for it otherwise the enchiladas will not come out right. Of course, you can use your breakfast meat of choice. I decided to use turkey sausage links, chopped up. It worked really well.
This is also a rather small recipe, which makes perfect serving sizes for the four of us, to be served along some fruit, yogurt, or any type of muffin or pastry for a complete breakfast. Feel free to double the recipe as needed. Baking time for a double recipe would increase to about 45 minutes.
Breakfast Enchilada Bake
1 cups turkey sausage, cooked & chopped
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar, divided
4 flour tortillas, large size
1 cup Half & Half
1 1/2 tsp flour
1. Whisk the eggs and combine with flour and Half & Half.
2. In another bowl combine sausage, 2 cups of cheese, and green onion.
3. Measure cheese and meat mixture onto tortillas and roll up, placing them snuggly in a sprayed 4×7 baking dish, seam down.
4. Pour egg mixture over the tortillas evenly. Cover and refrigerate over night.
5. In the morning, preheat oven to 350*. Bake enchiladas for 25 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese on top and bake another few minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa.
Wednesday Extravaganza, What’s in Your Kitchen, Two Girls and a Party, Thursday Treasures, Full Plate Thursday, Weekend Potluck, Foodie Friday, TGIF, Fidlers Friday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Marvelous Mondays,