These kabobs were super delicious, but more than that was the marinade. It was easy to whip up and it made the chicken tender and just plain awesome. Even without the skewers, this would make an excellent grilled chicken meal any way you serve it.
Honey-Lime Chicken Kabobs
3-4 large chicken breasts
3 T soy sauce
2 T honey
1 T EVOO
juice of one lime
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp sriracha*
2 T cilantro, chopped
1. Place wooden skewers in some water with a pinch of salt. This will keep them from burning while on the grill. I’ve let skewers soak for anywhere from 5 minutes to a couple of hours. There is no right or wrong, just make sure they get some time in the water prior to loading them up with food.
2. In a small bowl combine the soy, honey, oil, lime juice, garlic, sriracha, and cilantro. Mix thoroughly. *I used a heaping tsp of sriracha and it was just the right amount of heat for us, but if you like your dishes to have a little more kick then you can add up to 2 tsp and even some red pepper flakes.
3. Clean and cut up your chicken into the pieces you want for your kabobs. Pour marinade over the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
4. Skewer the chicken, placing a few vegetables in-between. I used mini bells and mushrooms, but tomatoes and squash are good, too.
5. Grill on medium high heat until done. Makes 6-8 kabobs, depending on how much meat you put on each skewer.
Marvelous Mondays, Melt inYour Mouth, Simple Supper Tuesday, Tuesday’s Table, In & Out of the Kitchen, Wednesday Extravaganza, Cast Party Wednesday, What’s in Your Kitchen, Thursday Treasures, Full Plate Thursday, Two Girls and a Party, Weekend Potluck, TGIF, Foodie Friday, Saturday Spotlight Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Marvelous Mondays