These noodles are super yummy. You can adjust the heat as much or as little as you want. They went great with my Honey Sesame Chicken and gave me an awesome idea for a Pad Thai recipe (coming soon)! You can use lo mien noodles, or even regular linguine if you’d like, but for an authentic dish try these Thai rice noodles.
Thai Dragon Noodles
8 oz. Thai rice noodles
2 T butter
1/4 tsp red pepper
1 1/2 T brown sugar
3 T soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
1 T Sriracha (rooster sauce)
2 green onions, sliced (all of it)
2 T fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In small bowl mix together soy sauce, the brown sugar, sriracha, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
3. Heat skillet up with the butter and scramble the eggs with the chopped whites of the green onions. Reserve the scallions (green bits) for later.
4. Take eggs out of skillet and set aside. Put sesame oil into hot skillet and do a real quick pan fry of the noodles. Combine eggs and sriracha sauce into the skillet with the noodles.
5. Sprinkle top with scallions and cilantro before serving.