This is Hubby’s favorite. I don’t make it often, but if there’s something that screams the words “summer”, “picnic” or “holiday” it would probably be this one. I usually just throw the ingredients in and make it it to taste, but I will try my best to give you some more accurate measurements in case you decide to try it. And if you’re a deviled egg fan then you are going to love this potato salad.
Deviled Potato Salad
3 large potatoes, peeled, cut and boiled
9 eggs, hard boiled
3/4 cup mayo
3 T yellow mustard
1/4 cup dill relish
1 T white pepper
1 tsp salt
2 tsp dill
Please bear in mind that these measurements are extremely adjustable, so be prepared to taste, taste, taste, and adjust, adjust, adjust until you get it just the way you like it.
1. After eggs have cooked and cooled, peel them and separate the whites from the yolks. Chop up the whites and throw into a large bowl along with the cooked and cubed potatoes.
2. In a medium bowl combine the yolks with the relish and mustard. I use a fork to break up the yolk and mix everything together. Use whatever kitchen tool you like to make this mixture creamy smooth (will be lumpy from the relish, of course).
3. Stir in mayo, salt, white pepper, and dill. Taste. Add anything you feel is needed.
4. Fold the dressing into the potato and eggs. If you don’t feel that there is enough dressing you can adjust by adding in a few tablespoons of mayo at a time, then adjust the flavors by adding in a bit of mustard and other ingredients slowly.
5. Taste, taste, taste. Refrigerate until cooled (this helps the mayo infuse with the other flavors) and until ready to serve.
Wednesday Extravaganza, What’s in Your Kitchen, Thursday Treasures, Full Plate Thursday, Weekend Potluck, Foodie Friday, TGIF, Saturday Spotlight, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Marvelous Mondays, Cast Party Wednesdays,