Welcome to Spring!
It doesn’t feel much like Spring, does it?
I heard that the weather is getting frisky all over the place. Here in NC we had snow flurries for several hours on the second day of Spring. Pretty wild. And the temp hasn’t gotten much better since. We’re keeping our fingers crossed over here that it warms up soon. I’m pretty sure that pesky groundhog has had his 6 weeks, right? Time for us to get some Spring-like weather going on over here.
Well, if you’re in need of some Spring like me, this pie should do the trick. It is as delectable as it looks – truly. And it was super easy to put together. So the next time you need a dessert or just a pick-me-up, this is the recipe for you.
9-inch graham pie crust*
12 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/2 T fresh OJ
2 cups cool whip
dash of salt
1 lb strawberries, sliced
3 T white chocolate chips
*If you do not want to use a pre-made crust and would prefer to make your own it is really easy. All you need is 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs. This would be roughly 1 1/4 packages of cracker sheets. You can crush them up in your food processor, or even a blender. Pour 5 T of melted butter into the crumbs and a dash of salt, then combine real well and press into a pie pan. Make sure it’s even and you go up the sides a bit.
1. In a small bowl put 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and melt in the microwave for about 30 seconds; stir, and microwave an additional 30 seconds until melted. Set aside.
2. Beat the cream cheese using mixer, until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
3. Add the cool whip, the OJ, dash of salt, and the melted white chocolate. Mix until ingredients are combined and mixture is smooth.
4. Spoon the mixture into the crust.
5. Lay the sliced strawberries on to of the pie filling, starting around the edges and working toward the middle in a spiral motion.
6. Melt 3 T of chocolate and drizzle over the strawberries and pie.
7. Place pie in the refrigerator and let chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Now It’s Time For The Sunshine Award!
I’d like to thank the The Food Gypsy for nominating me for The Sunshine Award. It was such a lovely start to my weekend 🙂 And just for fun I’m going to answer the questions with pictures instead of words.
Rules for the Sunshine Award:
- If you are nominated you must include the link in a blog, linking to the person/blog that nominated you.
- You must answer some questions and nominate 10 fellow bloggers and link their blogs in your post. Let the people you have nominated know that you have nominated them!
2. What is your favorite number?
3. What is your favorite animal?
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter URLs?
5. What is your favorite time of day?
6. What was your favorite vacation?
7. What is your favorite physical activity?
8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
9. What is your favorite flower?
10. What is your passion?
~ 10 Nominations ~
2. Lovely You
10. At 350 Degrees
A very big Thank You to everyone who visits, reads, and comments here. Obviously, you know that there wouldn’t be much point to any of this without you. To see people liking and commenting really means a lot to me.