Need a little something extra for your dinner table? Perhaps a covered dish meal at church? Maybe a neighborly get-together? Or maybe you’re just craving something savory and cheesy and oh, so yummy.
That’s it, isn’t it? I knew it.
Well, then I’ve got just the thing for you. This pull-apart bread is fabulous, and the best part is you really can pair it with any number of other dishes. There’s just no wrong time for this sumptuous bread.
1 large loaf bread (I used whole wheat Italian)
1/2 cup prepared pesto
3 cups shredded cheese, any blend*
1. Preheat oven to 400* and cut a piece of foil big enough to wrap the bread in. Spray surface with cooking spray.
2. Place the bread on the foil on the baking sheet and cut lengthwise in 1-inch strips. DO NOT cut through to the bottom.
3. Now cut in the width direction in 1 -inch strips so that your bread has 1-inch cubes cut all over it, but make sure that it’s all still intact at the bottom.
4. Using a knife, spread the pesto inside each slice, in all directions so that every bit of sliced bread has pesto on it.
5. Pull each bit apart carefully and stuff the cheese into every little space. *I used a mozzarella and parmesan blend combined with a cheddar blend. It’s best to start with the edges of the bread and work your way toward the middle.
6. Wrap the foil around the bread (Make sure it’s all sprayed so the cheese doesn’t stick) and bake for 10 minutes.
7. Unwrap the bread and place back into the oven for an additional 5 minutes, or until all the cheese is melted and the bread has slightly browned.