I made a super easy and tasty dessert and it wasn’t even dessert night. I just couldn’t wait! I’ve been holding on to this recipe for several weeks. First, I had to wait for plums to come into season (and then be worth eating). And then I finally had my grocery shopping day and here it is 🙂
Now, I have never baked with plums and the thought never crossed my mind. Is this you, too? Well, I can testify that this was amazing. Hubby scarfed it up, praising the whole time, and I was ridiculously pleased with it myself.
4 large plums, halved & pitted
1/3 cup sugar
2 cinnamon sticks*
1. Preheat oven to 350* and grease an 8×8 baking dish.
2. Cut each plum half into 6 slices.
3. Toss the plums with the sugar and cinnamon sticks. *If you don’t have any cinnamon sticks you can put in 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon.
4. Arrange the mixture evenly in the baking dish, making sure the cinnamon sticks are underneath the plums.
3/4 cup flour (I used my 1/2 & 1/2 blend)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oats
1 stick unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and oats together.
2. Using hands, mix the butter pieces into the flour mixture, making sure each piece is coated separately.
3. Mix in the almonds. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the plum mixture.
4. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until the juices bubble. After 35 or 40 minutes, use a fork to rake the crumble topping gently to mix it up a bit and make sure everything gets cooked properly. Bake longer to slightly brown the top, if needed.
5. Allow the crumble to stand at room temperature for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
Serve with ice cream and enjoy!