Here’s another recipe I tried from the Take Home Chef- it was amazing! So far this has been my ultra favorite dish that I’ve copied. It is so delish and just absolutely gorgeous. Go on, look at the pictures and tell me if you agree. I’ll wait.
See?! And yes, they tasted as good as they looked 🙂
Thyme & Maple Roasted Acorn Squash
1 acorn squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 T EVOO
1 tsp thyme, fresh sprigs are best if you have it, 1 good-sized sprig
salt & pepper
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 450*. Place a heavy baking sheet into the oven for 5 minutes until hot.
2. Cut the squash lengthwise into 3/4-inch to 1-inch wide wedges.
3. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and drizzle with EVOO.
4. Arrange the squash in a single layer over the hot baking sheet and sprinkle with the thyme, salt and pepper. Turn the squash to coat with the oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Using tongs, turn the squash over. Drizzle the maple syrup over the squash and continue baking until the squash is tender and golden brown; about 20 minutes longer.