I’ve put this dish on my menu several times and have never gotten around to it, which is kinda crazy considering what a quick meal any tilapia dish makes. If you like to eat fish often like we do, you might be looking for a way to serve it a little differently, too. This was a very simple and quick recipe, and it will go well with any sides you choose. I served this with a decked out salad and a brown rice pilaf.
4 Tilapia fillets (or about 1 & 1/2 lbs)
4 garlic cloves, minced or thinly sliced
5 T butter
salt & pepper
fresh parsley, chopped
lemons, sliced, for serving
1. Season fillets with salt and pepper.
2. Heat skillet at medium heat. Melt butter.
3. Saute the garlic for a few minutes then place fish into the skillet and allow the bottom sides to sear.
4. Turn fish after 3 or 4 minutes. Tilapia cooks quickly.
5. Garlic should be browning but not burning. If the fish still isn’t done and the garlic is cooking too quickly, try to scoop it up and place on top of the fish, away from the direct heat.
6. Garnish with parsley and serve with lemon slices.