I don’t know about you but I really don’t enjoy messing around with yeast. For some reason every package of yeast that I buy doesn’t work. It’s not the yeast…it’s me. So when Hubby asked for some cinnamon rolls I had to come up with a recipe that was quick and easy and required no yeast. Done!
2 cups flour
2 T sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 T butter
3/4 cup milk
6 T butter, divided
1 1/4 cup brown sugar, divided
4 tsp cinnamon, divided
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1. In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in softened butter. Use your hands if you need to. Stir in milk to form a soft dough.
2. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle about 1/4-inch thick.
3. To make the filling, combine 4 T of the softened butter with 1 cup of the brown sugar and 3 tsp of cinnamon to make a crumbly mixture. This will be spread out on the rolled out dough.
4. Take the remaining ingredients for the filler (2 T butter,1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1 tsp cinnamon), melt the butter and stir with the sugar and cinnamon. Pour into bottom of a square 8×8 or 9×9 pan, and spread out to cover bottom.
5. Roll up the dough carefully, and using a sharp knife, slice into rolls. Depending on how think or how many you want, you can cut 9, 12, or even more rolls. I made 9 fat rolls 🙂
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 400*.
7. For the glaze, combine the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Or you could use some leftover *cinnamon cream cheese frosting like I did. Yum!
8. Once the rolls are baked, drizzle the glaze over the tops and serve warm.