This recipe is so very delicious and if you’re a salmon fan who needs a twist on the same old thing…here you go. It is so easy to put together and tastes like it came from a restaurant, which it did by the way. From Cafe Luna in Raleigh, NC.
The original recipe calls for penne pasta, but this time I used a spinach-and-chive linguine. As long as you’re using a hearty pasta you can’t go wrong.
Salmon and Pasta
1/2 lb rotini or penne pasta
2 lb filet of salmon
salt and pepper
1/4 cup EVOO
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups (16 oz) tomato basil sauce, warmed
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain.
2. Wash and dry salmon with paper towels. Cube into bite sized pieces and season with salt and pepper. Warm the EVOO and cook the garlic for thirty seconds. Toss in the salmon and stir fry it until it no longer looks pink.
3. Add the warm sauce mixed with cream. Slowly bring to a simmer and allow to cook for about 10 minutes until salmon is done. Do not stir after you put in the sauce as it breaks up the salmon too much.
4. Put pasta into four bowls and cover with salmon and sauce. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top and fresh, chopped basil if you have any.
5. Serve with parmesan garlic crostini and a salad.