This super easy and tasty dessert is a sinch to pull together and a perfect ending to a Mexican meal. You can even assemble and fry these quesadillas ahead of time and then simply pop them into the oven to warm right before you’re ready to serve dessert. If you do pre-fry them, keep them stored in a single layer of waxed paper on a baking sheet- do not overlap.
10 (6 to 8-inch) flour tortillas
1 pound cream cheese (2 blocks)
1/2 powdered sugar
2 large, ripe bananas
4 T salted butter
*4 firm bananas
1. Whip cheese, ripe bananas, and powdered sugar in a bowl until thick and creamy.
2. Spread 1/4 cup on each tortilla all the way to the edges. Fold in half and place on waxed paper-lined cooking sheet(s). Makes 10 quesadillas.
3. Chill in refrigerator until firm, about 30 minutes. Longer is okay but too long and the bananas will start to turn brown. If you need additional time it may be better to pre-fry the quesadillas and warm them in the oven before serving.
4. Cut each one into 2 or 3 pieces and arrange on plate.
5. *Top with caramel, bananas, and whipped cream. You can use all or as many toppings as you like.
Additional toppings: mint, pecans/walnuts, chocolate sauce.
Recipe by Yvonne