I am tooting my own horn a little here….but this cobbler was fantabulous! And it’s so simple to make that you won’t ever avoid using delicious, fresh fruit in this way again. Other than the time it took to peel the fuzzy skin off the peaches, this recipe was super easy.
1 cup 1/2 & 1/2 flour (unbleached all-purpose and whole wheat)
2 cups organic sugar, divided
1 T baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup milk
4 cups fresh peaches, sliced (about 6 peaches)
1 T lemon juice
Ground cinnamon (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375*. Bring 1 cup of sugar, peaches, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring very often.
2. Melt butter and pour into bottom of a sprayed 13×9 baking dish.
3. Combine flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter but do not stir.
4. Pour peach mixture over the batter; do not stir. Sprinkle cinnamon over top if desired.
5. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cool.