This is an exceptionally easy and flavorful meal for you chicken lovers out there. So easy in fact, you could have a complete meal on the table in 30 minutes!
Crispy Honey-Mustard Chicken Tenders
4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
Oil for frying (I use EVOO)
1 cup Panko
1/4 cup sesame seeds
*Optional: 1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup honey
1 tbsp. dried chives, or 3 tbsp. fresh, finely chopped
1 tbsp. hot sauce
Salt & Pepper
1. Heat oven to 275* to keep cooked tenders warm and crispy. Place baking sheet in oven to preheat.
2. In bowl combine mustard, honey, and hot sauce. Remove and reserve about 1/3 for later. Beat the eggs into the 2/3 sauce mixture, then coat the chicken tenders. Salt & pepper to season.
3. Combine Panko, sesame seeds, and *ground nuts.
4. In large skillet, heat a layer of oil over medium-high heat. Coat the tenders in the Panko mixture and fry, turning, in 2 batches until deep golden. Transfer to the hot baking sheet in the oven.
5. Serve the tenders with a drizzle of the reserved honey-mustard sauce, or divide sauce into small bowls for individual dipping.
You could serve just about any sides with this quick, easy meal. Since the hubby is out of town again I decided to make it appealing for the boys by making Trader Joe’s organic macaroni shells and white cheddar cheese, and lima beans steamed in chicken broth. *Have your sides already on the stove, cooking, before you begin frying the chicken and you will have no problem getting this meal on the table in about 30 minutes 🙂