Another one from the archives for you. The picture is not so great but don’t let that fool you. This is a crowd pleaser for all ages and easy to make.
Crispy Cheddar Chicken
4 large Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 sleeve Ritz crackers
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup buttermilk
3 cup grated cheese blend (cheddar and parm for example)
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 (14 oz) can cream of chicken soup (dry cream soup mix)
2 Tbsp. sour cream
2 Tbsp. butter
1. Cut each chicken breast into 2 or 3 large chunks
2. In small food processor grind up Ritz crackers.
3. Pour the milk, cheese, and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans. Toss the 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp.pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine.
4.Dip each piece of chicken into the milk, then the cheese, and finally the cracker crumbs.
5. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken inside the pan in a single layer, and sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken.
7. Cover the pan with foil and bake at 400* for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
8. In a small saucepan, combine soup, butter, and sour cream until blended well and heated through. Serve over chicken.
TIME: 15 minutes prep + 45 minutes baking
YIELD: 5-7 Servings
I served this with a brown and wild rice mixture, roasted brussles sprouts for me and the hubby, and green beans for the boys. It’s a can’t miss meal that you’re whole family will enjoy!
Simple Supper Tuesday, Tuesday’s Table, Wednesday Extravaganza, Cast Party Wednesday, What’s in Your Kitchen, Two Girls and a Party, Thursday’s Treasures, Full Plate Thursday, Weekend Potluck, Foodie Friday, TGIF,