I love a good corn muffin. It’s the perfect accompaniment to any good soup (as well as other things) and I’ve made different corn muffins just to see what we liked and what we didn’t. My newest experiment was adding wild rice to the muffin mix.
Wild Rice & Corn Muffins
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup EVOO (or canola oil)
1 cup all-purpose flour (I use an unbleached/whole wheat mix)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup whole-grain yellow cornmeal
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup cooked wild rice
1/4 cup frozen (or fresh) corn
1 tsp. dried parsley
1. Heat oven to 400*. Spray (12 muffin) muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
2. Mix milk, oil, and egg in large bowl.
3. Stir in flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder and salt all at once just until flour is moistened.
4. Fold in rice, corn, and parsley. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan.
Serve warm with Chicken Spaetzle Soup and Enjoy!