Please click About Me for links to Recipes by Category, Facebook, Pinterest, Follow Me and more.
I had this great little mini quiche idea for lunches but decided to cut a corner or two by using wonton wrappers. The result was great except they weren’t “mini” as in mini muffin size (they’re regular muffin size, which, yes, is still mini compared to a regular sized quiche…on we go….) and were better suited for breakfast. So I will still be working on the mini-mini quiches for the boys’ lunches, but here is an unexpected bonus recipe/meal. I love when that happens.
Also, just a quick side note, since I was experimenting I only made 6 quiches. The measurements are simple enough though to double or triple the recipe if you so desire. And don’t forget that you can put whatever meat/veggies you want into your quiches.
12 wonton wrappers
4 eggs, beaten
3 slices turkey bacon
1/3 cup shredded swiss cheese
1/4 cup shredded cheddar
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375*. Lightly oil the muffin tins.
2. Layer 2 wrappers together with the corners spread out so it looks like you’re holding an 8-pointed star. Place in the bottoms of each muffin cup and push down to shape them.
3. Cut up the bacon (1/2 slice per cup) and put in bottoms of wontons along with the swiss cheese (divide evenly).
4. Salt & pepper the beaten eggs and divide between the wonton cups. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the egg.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, or until eggs are set and very lightly browned.
Marvelous Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, What’d You Do This Weekend?, Simple Supper Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Tuesday’s Table, In & Out of the Kitchen, Cast Party Wednesday, Wednesday Extravaganza, Wake Up Wednesdays, Lovely Ladies, Full Plate Thursday, Thursday’s Treasures, Weekend Potluck, Get Him Fed, Foodie Friday, Feed Me Friday, TGIF, Friday Flash, Super Saturday, Saturday Spotlight, Strut Your Stuff, Super Sunday, Random Recipe Roundup
FEATURED AT SIMPLE SUPPER TUESDAY #33!
FEATURED AT FULL PLATE THURSDAY 9-19-13!